Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Black Bean Tacos

1 15oz can drained black beans
1/2 tsp ground cumin

2 tsp olive oil
1 T fresh lime juice (I use 1/2 a lime)
2 cups coleslaw mix
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 green onions chopped (if you like the nasty little buggers)

Corn tortillas
1/3 cup crumbled feta or queso fresco cheese
Hot sauce, to taste

Mix the beans and cumin

In a separate bowl mix the oil, lime juice, coleslaw mix, cilantro and green onions. This is better if it sits for a while, but it's not necessary.

Corn tortillas: you can fry them, or I put them on a cookie sheet, spray them with Pam on both sides and put under the broiler. Sometimes I take them out so they're still soft, sometimes I cook them until they're hard, and I usually flip them over while they're in there too. You can also put about 4 between damp paper towels and microwave them until they're hot too.

To Serve: put the beans, coleslaw, and cheese in a corn tortilla. Top with hot sauce. Yum!

No comments: