Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer Salad

from LeeAnn
1 lb. short pasta (fusilli, rotini, capanella etc.)
8 tiny zucchini or 2 medium, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 c. pine nuts
2 T. olive oil
3 lg. tomatoes, in 1/2 inch cubes (or some halved cherry tomatoes)
1/4 c fresh chopped parsley
1/4 c fresh chopped basil
1/4 lb Bel Paese or mozzarella cheese cubed
2 T fresh lemon juice
2 T olive oil
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Parmesan cheese, to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions. Do not rinse after draining. In a heavy skillet saute zucchini, garlic and pine nuts in olive oil until zucchini is barely tender. Put zucchini mixture into large serving bowl. Add tomatoes, parsley, basil, cheese, lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper. Mix well. Pour hot pasta over it all and toss well. Serve immediately, and pass Parmesan cheese with it.

1 comment:

Jen Giorgis said...

Ohhhhh...I love this salad. I have only had it when you made it, but just thinking about it makes my mouth water. I need to make it!